The course is designed to introduce students to key contemporary issues in environmental economy. The main aims are to provide:
• the theoretical and methodological tools for the environmental analysis
• an investigation of the main concepts, at micro and macro level, to treat problems relating to the environmental and natural resources
• The implications of the economic analysis (priorities, identification of answers, impact evaluation) for the environmental policies.
• Introduction to the concepts relating to the environmental resources. The insertion of the environmental dimension in the economic analysis.
• Markets and efficiency, with focus on various sources of market failure
• Environmental policy: instruments, including regulatory and market based policy instruments
• Methods of valuing environmental costs and benefits
• Environmental and economic planning at territorial level. The impact evaluation. Cases studies
MUSU, Ignazio (2003), Introduzione all'economia dell'ambiente. Bologna, Mulino.
TURNER R. K., PEARCE D. W., BATEMAN I (2003), Economia ambientale. Bologna, Il Mulino.
During the course further indications will be furnished for the deepening of the program themes