|Teaching is organised as follows:|
The course of macroeconomics examines the main phenomena related to aggregate economic variables such as GDP, inflation, public expenditure, investments and unemployment. The aim of the course is to provide students with the essential tools to understand the commodity market, the financial market and the labour market. We will examine the main linkages among this big aggregate markets and the role played by expectations. The last part of the course focuses on the long-run issues, analyzing the economic growth and its main determinants.
- An overview on macroeconomics
- GDP, financial MKTs and the short-run macroeconomic equilibrium.
- Fluctuations and the IS-LM model.
- Open economy macroeconomics
- The labour market
- The AD-AS Model
- Unemployment and inflation
- The role of expectations
- Capital accumulation and growth theory
O. Blanchard,Scoprire la macroeconomia,Volume 1. Il mulino. ISBN 978-88-15-13219-2
Further readings will be suggested during the lectures.