The course aims at providing students methodologies and analysis tools to interpret, systematize, engineer and re-engineer structures and operational mechanisms within different organizations. The adopted theoretical approach refers to the main organizational theories, i.e. Transaction Cost Theory, Agency Theory, Contingency Theory, Institutional Theory and Knowledge Base View Theory.
With this course we intend to offer students an organic and complete perspective about topics regarding organization design both at intra-organizational and inter-organizational level.
Additional topics are Decision Making and the role of Information and Communication Technology in organizational design and in Decision Making processes.
- Organization Design: Introduction
- Organization Design, Organization Structures, Authority and Control
- Organization Design, Specialization and coordination
- Organization Design, Organization Behaviour and Culture
- Organization Design, Business Process Management and Technology
- Organization Design, Organization Changes and Globalization
- Organization Design, Decision Making, Knowledge Management e ICT (Information and Communication Technology).
Gareth R. Jones, “Organizzazione. Teoria, progettazione, cambiamento”, ed. italiana a cura di G. Soda, Egea, 2007
Others papers that will be given during the lessons Chapters:4,5,6,7,8,10,11 and 12.
Book Chapters and articles published on the e-learning platform.