|Teaching is organised as follows:|
|lezione||8||secondo semestre triennali||
|esercitazione [A-K]||1||secondo semestre triennali||
|esercitazione [L-Z]||1||secondo semestre triennali||
The aim of the course is to provide students with rigorous economic tools for the analysis of public policies. We will review the justifications for the economic role of the state, and supplement the analysis of theoretical models with evidence from Italian public policies. In particular we will focus on the reforms of the pensions system and of the taxation system.
At completion of the course students should be able to:
- Understand and evaluate critically the justifications for the public intervention in the economy.
- Analyse and assess rigorously public policies on the basis of economic theory.
- Master the economic analysis of the main italian taxation tools.
The teaching will be organized in open lectures and exercise classes.
Tutorials will be also provided to supplement the class teaching.
Sample copy of exam paper available on the course e-learning web page.
The written exam is organized in two sections
- a multiple choice test (for 1/3 of the final evaluation) whose aim is to assess the knowledge of the main concepts analysed in the module
- a set of exercises and essay questions (for 2/3 of the final evaluation) aiming at verifying the understandin and application of technical concepts and the ability to relate critically the main topics discussed in the module.
Students will also have the opportunity to complete theit evaluation through a mid term exam on the first part of the course and a final exam on the second part of the course. Both exams will receive an equal weight in the evaluation.