The course offers an overview of the main topics in international monetary economics. In particular, we will try to keep a close link between the theories studied in class and the real world (eg. European Monetary Union, The 2008 Financial Crisis,..).
1. An introduction to international macro
2. Nominal and real exchange rate
3. Purchasing power parity
4. Uncovered interest rate parity
5. Monetary economics in open economy
6. Flexible vs fixed exchange rate regimes
7. European Monetary Union
8. The Financial Crisis
9. Market microstructure
10. Monetary regimes in emerging economies
- Slides from the classes, which will be posted on the e-learning platform of the course and the textbook.
|Paul R. Krugman, Maurice Obstfeld, Marc Melitz||Economia Internazionale 2: Economia Monetaria Internazionale||Pearson||2015|
The final exam will be a written exam and will last 90 minutes.
Because of the health emergency, the final exam will be oral and via videoconference.