The course provides knowledge of some fundamentals concepst of quality management. The main expected results are: KNOWLEDGE: 1. know and distinguish the quality of products and services, and customer satisfaction 2. learn about quality control tools and customer satisfaction monitoring 3. know the relationship between quality and customer satisfaction,on one side, and company’s revenues and costs, on the other side; SKILLS: 4. correctly read data derived from quality control and customer satisfaction monitoring; 5. understand their relationship with costs and revenues 6. define the best quality improvement strategies for the markets of the company
The first part of the program deals with the relations that links quality to cost and revenue variables, to product and service typology, and, last but not least, to customers satisfaction. The second part explores the design of products and services, quality control tools and measurement of customer satisfaction as indispensable bases for improvement policies. At the end of the course the student will have acquired the skills necessary to understand the dimensions of quality in manufacturing and service companies, and to identify the consequent policies to improve quality and customers satisfaction.
1) Defining quality;
2) Some basic categories of quality costs;
3) Quality in manufacturing and in service organizations;
4) The relationship between quality and customer satisfaction;
5) The effects of customer heterogeneity and variability;
6) Quality dimensions, quality attributes and customer behaviour;
7) The role of quality in strategy definition;
8) Design of products, processes and services;
9) Measures of customer satisfaction and instruments for quality control;
10) Policies for quality and customers satisfaction improvement.
Teaching methods and learning assessment will be defined as soon as the context rules about classes and exams will be clarified. Weekly office hours will be posted on the professor web page.
Teaching materials will be made available on the elearning platform of the course.
Learning assessment will be defined as soon as the context rules about exams will be cleared.
The assessment will be mainly referred to the analytical skills demonstrated by the student, especially for what concerns the identification and explanation of relationships between quality management and other variables