This course intends to analyze public services from a managerial perspective. In particular, the course aims to develop students’ knowledge about the following aspects: - the concept of public service - the role and functions of public institutions - the characteristics and peculiarities of public utilities - the managerial tools for providing quality public services The course also aims to develop the following students’ skills: - critical understanding of the context of public services in Italy, with a focus on local public utilities - ability to apply managerial tools to improve the quality of public services - ability to measure public service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Defining the public service
- Characteristics and aims of public institutions
- Types of public institutions (at a national and international level)
- Local public utilities management: between regulation and competition
- Public utilities supply chain: a focus on water and energy services
- Sustainability and energy efficiency
- Service management strategies and tools
- Market research in public services
- Customer centrality for quality in public services
- Relationships between public institutions and private businesses
- Smart cities and sharing economy in public services
Study materials are different for attending and not-attending students to allow each student to fully reach the teaching aims of the course.
Specific indications on this aspect will be available at the beginning of the course.
Will be updated as soon as possible.