The course "Data Science Laboratory with SAP" is an optional "type f" activity, which allows to students to obtain 3 CFU, once a final examination is passed. In particular:
- The course is open to all CdL and CdLM students of the School of Economics and Management, in particular to the students of the Master’s degree in Economics, of the Master’s degree in Economics and Data Analysis, and of the Master’s degree in Banking and Finance.
- Due to the COVID-19 emergency, this year lessons will be delivered online through Zoom meetings. The course has, approximately, 50 places.
- The course will take place in the second semester; there will be just one course.
- Requests for participation will be considered following the registration order considering that priority will be given to CdLM students, in particular to the students of the Master’s degree in Economics, of the Master’s degree in Economics and Data Analysis, and of the Master’s degree in Banking and Finance. Students are required to participate to the first lesson, or to send an email to the teacher to communicate their absence.
- The frequency to the classes is compulsory. Students are required to attend at least 3/4 of the exercise lessons and tutorial activities in order to be admitted to the final evaluation.
The course consists of 24 hours of exercise lessons and tutorial activities (plus 2 hours of final examination).
The calendar of the course will be available as soon as possible.
Teacher: to be announced
Registrations are open from the 13th of October 2020 to the 28th of February 2021.
Please, register through the elearning platform (Moodle). Students without a university IT account can ask to be registered by writing an email to the coordinator of the course. All other students must use the procedure on Moodle.
SAP ERP is an enterprise resource planning software developed by the German company SAP SE. SAP ERP incorporates the key business functions of an organization. The latest version of SAP ERP (V.6.0) was made available in 2006. The most recent Enhancement Package (EHP8) for SAP ERP 6.0 was released in 2016. SAP ERP consists of several modules covering most of business processes, such as operations (sales and distribution, materials management, production planning, logistics execution, and quality management), financials (financial accounting, management accounting, financial supply chain management), human capital management (training, payroll, e-recruiting) and corporate services (travel management, environment, health and safety, and real-estate management). SAP ERP is a market leader in his segment, widely used by many industrial, financial and insurance companies.
The course aims to provide the basics of the operating philosophy of the SAP ERP software and to give an introduction to some of its modules, such as:
BW – Business Warehouse;
CO – Controlling;
FI – Finance;
FS-CD – Collections and Disbursements;
TR – Treasury.
After some introductory lessons, the course will focus on some case studies taken from the financial and insurance sectors. The new technologic platform SAP HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) will also be presented. The course aims at improving the information technology skills of the participants and at introducing a software that is largely requested by the job market.
|Jonas Tritschler, Stefan Walz, Reinhard Rupp, Nertila Mucka||Financial Accounting with SAP S/4HANA: Business User Guide (Edizione 1)||SAP Press; Rheinwerk Publishing||2020||9781493218639|
|Greg Foss, Paul Modderman||Practical Data Science with SAP (Edizione 1)||O'Reilly Media, Inc.||2019||9781492046448|
|Maunil Mehta, Usman Aijaz, Tanya Duncan, Sam Parikh||SAP S/4HANA Finance: An Introduction (Edizione 1)||SAP Press; Rheinwerk Publishing||2019||9781493217786|
Per poter accedere alla prova di accertamento del profitto che si terrà (in modalità telematica) alla fine del corso è necessario aver frequentato almeno i 3/4 delle lezioni/esercitazioni. La prova di accertamento del profitto consiste in una prova pratica e in un eventuale colloquio orale sull’utilizzo del software SAP. La prova di accertamento del profitto è unica e non sarà possibile risostenerla in una seconda data.