The course "Excel Laboratory" is an optional "type f" activity, which allows to students to obtain 3 CFU, once a final examination is passed. In particular:
- The course is open, but not exclusively, to all CdL students, of the Verona campus, of the School of Economics and Management; in particular to second year students.
- Due to the COVID-19 emergency, this year lessons will be delivered online through Zoom meetings. Each course (class) has, approximately, 50 places.
- There will be four courses, two in the first semester (class E1 and class E2) and other two in the second semester (class E3 and class E4).
- Requests for participation will be considered following the registration order. All CdL and CdLM students, of the Verona campus, of the School of Economics and Management can register. CdL students will have priority over CdLM students. Students are required to participate to the first lesson, or to send an email to the tutor to communicate their absence.
- The frequency to the classes is compulsory. Students are required to attend at least 2/3 of the exercise lessons/tutorial activity in order to be admitted to the final evaluation.
- The course consists of 18 hours of exercise lessons and tutorial activity (plus 2 hours of final examination).
The calendar of class E1 of the first semester will be available as soon as possible.
The calendar of class E2 of the first semester will be available as soon as possible.
The calendar of class E3 of the second semester will be available as soon as possible.
The calendar of class E4 of the second semester will be available as soon as possible.
Tutor (first semester, class E1): dott. Marco Tozzi
Tutor (first semester, class E2): dott. Alessandro Cipolla
Tutor (second semester, class E3): dott. Alessandro Cipolla
Tutor (second semester, class E4): dott. Alessandro Cipolla
For the courses (class E1 and class E2) of the first semester, it is possible to register from the 13th of October 2020 to the 18th of October 2020.
For the courses (class E3 and class E4) of the second semester, it is possible to register from the 13th of October 2020 to the 28th of February 2021.
Please, register through the elearning platform (Moodle). Students without a university IT account can ask to be registered by writing an email to the coordinator of the course. All other students must use the procedure on Moodle.
The program of the course comprises an introduction to Excel and its main functions. Then, some of the topics encountered in Mathematics and Statistics courses will be considered, as for example, matrix algebra, optimization and interpolation. The course aims at improving the computational skills of students and at providing instruments useful for the subsequent thesis work. The activity will allow to improve the knowledge of Excel, a software which is highly requested in the job market.
|D. Giuliani, M. M. Dickson||Analisi statistica con Excel||Maggioli Editore||2015||8838789908|
|M. R. Middleton||Analisi statistica con Excel||Apogeo, Milano||2004|
|F. P. Borazzo, P. Perchinunno||Analisi statistiche con Excel||Pearson, Education||2007|
|Francesco Borazzo, Angelo Roffo||Business Intelligence con Excel: Tabelle pivot, macro, formule e funzioni al servizio dei processi aziendali (Edizione 1)||APOGEO||2017||9788850334230|
|Curtis Frye||Microsoft Excel 2016: La guida ufficiale (Edizione 1)||Hoepli||2016||9788820374785|
|E. Battistini||Probabilità e statistica: un approccio interattivo con Excel||McGraw-Hill, Milano||2004|
|P. Klibanoff, A. Sandroni, B. Moselle, B. Saraniti||Statistica per manager (Edizione 1)||Egea||2010||9788823821347|
|D. M. Levine, D. F. Stephan, K. A. Szabat||Statistics for Managers Using Microsoft Excel, Global Edition (Edizione 7)||Pearson||2014||0133061817|
Students are required to attend at least 2/3 of the exercise lessons/tutorial activity in order to be admitted to the final evaluation. The final examination, which will take place online through a Zoom meeting, will consist in a written exam, followed by an oral examination if necessary, on the use of the software Excel. There will be just one date for the final examination.